[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - is my logic wrong?

is my logic wrong?

Discussion Area for the Play - "Resurrection"

is my logic wrong?

Postby Wikidme » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi,

very interesting articles Mr. Stottle i enjoyed them greatly.

anyway i was going to post this as a reply in the "what inspired the play" thread, but it seemed a little off-topic.

on the topic of reincarnation, i am a firm believer of it, and it is becuase of this simple logic that follows....

when we die, we become nothing. i want to refer loosly to us 'ourselves' as a soul for the moment (not that i believe in such a thing as a soul, im just using the notion as a model). our soul now wanders the endless void that is the universe, obviously 'unaware' of any amount of time that passes, or any exsistence.

now if you pause and think for a moment, that is exactly what we 'were' before we were born, and yet what would probably seem as an infintesimaly small amount of time to us while we are in the 'soul wandering' state, we are born. we are alive, self aware, we inhabit a physical presense that is our body.

so why after we die would we not end up as being born into something else? our 'soul' or 'sense of self' inhabiting some other form of physical exsistence. becuase afterall, when we die, we are exactly as we were moments before we was born as far as self awareness and inhabiting a physical body, is concerned.

now ofcourse i concede that in this case we would have no 'imprinted' knowledge of our previous exsistences, indeed if any at all. so it does not adhere to the true spirit and meaning of reincarnation, but the principle is still much the same. that of becoming something else after death.

ok anyway this thought has been bugging me for since aslong as i first thought of it, and i have been trying to think of why the logic is wrong or flawed in some way, and havent been able to so far.
Wikidme

Re: is my logic wrong?

Postby HarryStottle » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:53 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Return to Resurrection