[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - Article felt like something I had been feeling all my life

Article felt like something I had been feeling all my life

Discussion of the article "Conversation With God"

Article felt like something I had been feeling all my life

Postby Brad » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:32 am

Feeling the need to "break free", the sense of evolution.

Yet it feels like a hoax, but that (the feeling that it is obviously something the writer came up with to stir some shit) could be because of two reasons, and the Author might be telling the truth.

One being that society has, over time, evolved (evoled in the way we live, eat, go to work, go to an educational institution, believe) in such a way that we do not believe in such things, and everyone thinks that "Oh, I know better than to believe that phooey". That is the main reason I am stuck on the "This could be true - Obviously fake" border.

Coming from a religious background, is another reason. Not a religious person at all myself, but the background affects it...father to son to daughter to son, through countless generations, in every family.

So, I am stuck in the middle. I will probably forget about the article, altogether, itself within a few weeks. I like to question things and beliefs (life, space, aliens, religion, God, you name it) with myself , and it (the article) did, however, trigger my intuition.

You asked good questions, however. I could have added a few, but could have also missed a lot of the important ones. The questions I would have asked would be solely for my satisfaction's sake, so it can break my current belief and give me some feeling of...something something something.

My 2.13 cents.

Contradictions..contradictions.
Brad

Return to Conversation with God