[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - Discrepancies...

Discrepancies...

Discussion of the article "Conversation With God"

Discrepancies...

Postby Tom The Lackey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 am

First i want to thank you Harry for such a thought provoking article
From the point i started to read it i was glued. At first i was quite intrigued but as i read along several discrepancies became quite clear.
To be clear i am treating the article as fiction but evaluating its factual possibilities

God claims never to have intervened except for the dinosaur killing meteor...my question is how did he ensure that humans survived that? did he encapsulate all humans in a protective bubble. If he did want to eliminate a specific species why not just use a killer virus that wipes out just the one species without causing massive destruction to earth?

This is the point where i really woke up from the cloud i was on while reading your article because i personally know of several interventions by God. Some people get to experience these things and some don't and i don't know the reason for it.

Another thing that threw me off is the emphasis on being predatory as a necessary means of evolving. Though it may seem this way for most and its an exciting and popular concept that our egos want to be true, in reality this is absolutely not true.

Some of our greatest evolutions and discoveries have come at peace time and were not done as part of a competitive arms race. Electricity, flight, cures for diseases, and in fact most of the important discoveries were accidental with no specific aim of discovering them
These and other things have sealed this article in my mind as an interesting fictional read with some great points that make you ponder

Cheers
~Tom
Tom The Lackey

Postby HarryStottle » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Postby Tom The Lackey » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:45 am

Tom The Lackey

Postby HarryStottle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:44 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Return to Conversation with God